Here are some of those, just crossing our unprotected southern border.
- 17,300 migrants illegally crossing our southern border, with prior convictions of other crimes, arrested. Up from 9,447 in fiscal 2020.
- domestic violence
- illegal drug possession and trafficking
- illegal reentry
- illegal weapons possession and transport
- sex offenses
- additional 8,979 migrants arrested with outstanding arrest warrants against them from other law enforcement agencies
- 27% of arrestees were repeat offenders previously caught in the same fiscal year
Sheriff Joe Martinez, of Val Verde County, Texas:
What’s scary…we don’t know where they [the got-aways] are going. How many were from terrorist groups from special interest countries?
That’s the unknown.
Indeed. But the Biden-Harris administration cares not a fig about any of this.
Nor is it just this flood of illegal aliens who also are seriously violent criminals.
Outgoing DEA El Paso Division Chief Kyle Williamson:
It’s the worst it’s ever been. There’s no good news here. And the amount of methamphetamine and fentanyl coming in right now is unprecedented.
From the DEA’s March National Drug Threat Assessment:
The violence, intimidation, theft, and financial crimes carried out by [Mexican] TCOs [Transnational Cartel Organizations], criminal groups, and violent gangs pose a significant threat to our nation. The criminal activities of these organizations operating in the United States extend well beyond drug trafficking and have a profoundly negative impact on the safety and security of US citizens. Their involvement in alien smuggling, firearms trafficking, and public corruption, coupled with the high levels of violence that result from these criminal endeavors, poses serious homeland security threats and public safety concerns.
The Biden-Harris administration cares not a fig about any of this, either.
Aside: Just the News refers to these as “migrants.” They are not. They are illegal aliens. Full stop. It’s sad that JtN has allowed itself to get so infected with political correctness.