Republicans in the Senate put Progressive-Democrats on the record on a number of amendments to Party’s budget reconciliation move—itself a deliberate act to sideline any dissent—which Republicans offered during a Thursday afternoon through Friday morning vote-a-rama. Party’s budget reconciliation then was voted up strictly along party lines.
Here’s some of what the Senate’s Progressive-Democrats oppose. Notice that every one of these would have enhanced Americans’ national security, economy, and individual liberty had they had the support of even a single Progressive-Democrat.
- 50-50 on a failed amendment to support the border wall
- 50-50 on a failed amendment supporting the free exercise of religion
- 50-50 on a failed amendment to oppose packing the Supreme Court
- 50-50 on a failed amendment opposing stimulus checks for people in prison
- 50-50 on a failed amendment opposing the Biden administration’s move to restrict oil and gas leasing on federal lands
- 50-50 on a failed amendment opposing a federal carbon tax