One of a President’s duties is to fill vacant seats in his cabinet and in the Federal judiciary—especially the latter. Yet today’s Progressive-Democrats in Congress are actively attempting to block President Donald Trump from fulfilling that duty as it applies to the Supreme Court with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death. Filling that seat is especially important given that those same Progressive-Democrats have committed to challenging the election outcome if it doesn’t give them the proper outcome, and an empty seat on the Court leaves it unable to resolve tie votes on the upcoming election lawsuits.
Not only are they seeking to block the filling of that vacancy, they’re threatening retaliation if they don’t get their way. Beyond that, the Progressive-Democrats’ supporters are threatening outright violence and widespread destruction.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D, NY):
If Senator McConnell [R, KY] and @SenateGOP were to force through a nominee during the lame duck session—before a new Senate and President can take office—then the incoming Senate should immediately move to expand the Supreme Court[.]
Here’s Hillary Clinton’s (D) Presidential campaign press secretary Brian Fallon:
Any Supreme Court with a Trump justice confirmed to Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat at this point in the calendar would be fundamentally illegitimate, and Democrats must be prepared to act accordingly[.].
Here’s ardent Progressive-Democrat supporter Reza Aslan:
If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f—–g thing down[.]
And in response to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R, KY) vow to hold a vote on President Trump’s nominee:
Over our dead bodies, literally[.]
And fellow ardent Progressive-Democrat supporter Aaron Gouveia:
F–k no. Burn it all down.
And Wisconsin Ethics Commission member (!) Progressive-Democrat Scot Ross directly to Senator Ed Markey (D, MA):
F—–g A, Ed. If you can’t shut it down, burn it down[.]
This has been the drumbeat of the Progressive-Democrats since November 2016. Nothing is “legitimate” unless it’s done by Progressive-Democrats. They’ve been attacking our government, and through that, our nation ever since:
- in Congress; with their sham investigations and “impeachment”
- in the courts with their obstructionist lawfare
- in the streets with their grassroots supporters’ rioting, looting, and street-painted graffiti
- with one group of supporters in particular threatening that “if this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it”
- House Progressive-Democrats threatening to fundamentally alter the Supreme Court if Evil Republicans fill an empty seat with someone and at a time that Progressive-Democrats personally disapprove
- supporters’ threats “burn Congress down”
- to mailing ricin-laced letters to the President.
This puts an enormous premium on voting all up and down the ballot in November.