The Left has some, albeit only the Left’s celebrities. Recall some of those who promised they’d leave the country if Donald Trump were elected President. Here’s how they’re doing so far.
- Bryan Cranston, of Breaking Bad Who—me!?
- Lena Dunham, actress Nooo!
- Whoopi Goldberg, of The View among other enterprises I’m sorry to disillusion you, but I’m not leaving the country that I was born and raised in. Never mind.
- Barbra Streisand, singer crickets; although she said she’d leave if Bush the Younger were elected, and she never did then, either
- Samuel L Jackson, actor (channeling Schumer, apparently): When you learn the difference between My Actual Opinion and a Kimmel Skit….
- Chelsea Handler, comedian everyone in my office is like, “You have a responsibility, you have a voice and you need to use it and you have to be there.” Which, if that truly had mattered, she would have said at the start rather than promising to leave
- Reverend Al Sharpton, Baptist Minister (also channeling Schumer?) That was said in jest! Wait—what!?
- Amy Schumer, comedian King’s X! I didn’t mean it! It was a joke!
- Rosie O’Donnell, late of The View crickets
Broken promises. Empty rhetoric.