Here are some of the more egregious examples. The primary Obama-supporting SuperPAC, Priorities USA, is planning to run an ad—an ad that’s already on the Internet—that accuses Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney of being personally responsible for an ex-steel worker’s wife’s death from cancer. The ad itself is dishonest:
- The man’s wife died five years after GST, the steel company for which the man worked, filed for bankruptcy.
- Romney had long since left Bain Capital at the time of her death.
- His wife had her own health insurance after the man had left GST.
- The man’s wife died at a time when Bain actually was being run by a major Obama bundler.
Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama has been dishonest in connection with this ad:
- Obama denied, through his Deputy Campaign Manager, Stephanie Cutter, that he “doesn’t know the facts” about the steelworker or his story, doesn’t know when the man’s wife became ill or anything about the man’s insurance coverage. Yet last May, Cutter hosted a conference call in which the man detailed his story, including the specifics now appearing in this ad.
- Obama, through his campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt, insisted that “we can’t coordinate with super PACs and didn’t produce” the ad.
- Obama has given the green light for members of his cabinet to attend fundraisers for his political action committees.
- The existence of the conference call, followed by its information appearing in Priorities USA’s ad, together with the SuperPAC fundraising efforts, demonstrate that all of this has occurred: coordination, the Obama staff’s role in the ad’s production, and active Obama White House participation in the “independent” SuperPACs’ efforts.
- As recently as Friday, Obama still was denying, through his press spokesman, Jay Carney, any involvement or knowledge of the sordid affair.
And there’s this.
Lauren Gray is a dancer who turned 21 last Wednesday and has lived in the US as a legal resident alien since she was 4 years old, having come here when her parents came from England on work visas. As an adult in her own right, she now must get her own visa in order to stay. She was on track to get her green card when her priority was dumped, without explanation, into a two-year wait—which means she would have had to return to England—a nation that’s hers by birth but not by loyalty, life, or anything that matters.
Democratic Presidential Candidate Obama’s immigration fiat, though, gives those who are in the US illegally a prompt stay—they have only to aver having themselves come here as children and having stayed out of trouble since, and they get, promptly, documents allowing them to continue staying in two-year increments.
Gray has been working with “her” Congressmen (Senator Claire McCaskill, D; Senator Roy Blunt, R; and Congressman Sam Graves, R) from Missouri, the state in which she’s been living her life, seeking assistance, and at the last minute Senator McCaskill was able to get permission for Gray to stay in the US legally until her green card request works its way through the system. Gray will get a work visa, renewable every two years.
But why did a United States Senator have to get involved? How many others here legally are being forced out—because they’ve outgrown their parent’s visas, or their student visas or their H-series visas have expired, or…? This is an outcome of Obama’s immigration amnesty by fiat program—as Obama knew when he issued his “Dream Act” edict; he is, after all, a highly intelligent man and a Harvard-trained lawyer. He knew full well what the results of his Presidential Bull would include.
Finally, there’s this:
The law breakers that were in the defunct Occupy Wall Street crowd are getting a pass from the Democratic Candidate’s White House. Emails from the General Services Administration (remember this gang of partiers?) obtained by Fox News indicate that, on orders from the White House, the GSA instructed Federal law enforcement in Portland, OR, not to enforce curfews on protesters camped out on Federal property. This exchange between DHS’ National Protection and Programs Directorate Chief of Staff, Caitlin Durkovich, and GSA’s Public Buildings Service Commissioner, Robert Peck, illustrates:
Durkovich: They have chained themselves to a large drum filled with concrete. GSA controls the permits and has asked [Federal Protective Services] not to enforce the curfew at park and the prohibition on overnight encampments…. Our FPS Commander in Portland says they are standing down and following GSA’s request to only intervene if there is a threat to public safety.
Peck: Caitlin: yes, that is our position; it’s been vetted with our administrator and Michael Robertson, our chief of staff, and we have communicated with the [White House], which has afforded us the discretion to fashion our approach to Occupy issues…. The arrests last week were carried out despite our request that the protesters be allowed to remain and to camp overnight….
Never mind that “the arrests last week” were these: 25 demonstrators arrested after they refused to leave Jamison Square in the Pearl District after the park was closed after “an intense standoff.” And never mind the impact that waiving the law and letting lawbreakers, en masse, go free has on “public safety.”
I have not yet read your book, but I believe Barack has very good, even prorsesgive instincts and heart, plus intelligence. Don’t see any way to beat that!