The FBI doesn’t engage only in pernicious activities—investigating mothers and traditional Catholics as terrorists, for instance, or lying to FISA courts.
Sometimes FBI personnel are just incompetent, and along a number of axes.
- One agent left a highly lethal M4 carbine unsecured in his government car during a Starbucks run and had the weapon stolen…. “Although there was a lockbox in the trunk for storage of weapons and sensitive items,” the agent chose to store the rifle bag behind the car’s front passenger seat, one report shows.
- [and] three dozen agents reported guns being lost, stolen or handled unsafely….
- one agent who accidentally discharged his weapon and shot a hole through the floor of his hotel room….
If any Americans should have their guns taken away from them, maybe it should be FBI personnel. [/snark]
- …inappropriate [sexual] affairs with felons in prison, confidential sources and subordinate employees.
- agents and Bureau staff driving under the influence (DUI)….
- One [agent] stole drug evidence to feed a heroin addiction….
- [An FBI] employee pulled a gun on a private citizen during [the employee’s] road rage.
- an [FBI] employee who shot and killed his neighbor’s dog….
- [An FBI agent sent] “a threatening and vile email to his girlfriend’s ex-husband,” was faced with a temporary protective order. The agent then threatened to shoot the process server….
And so on. And on.
There’s this, too, which should saucer and blow the whole…affair:
The extensive reports were in fact so impactful that the FBI suspended distributing them for seven months in 2021-2022, due to complaints that the “employees harmed by misconduct” might feel shamed.
The FBI needs to be disbanded and certain of its investigative facilities transferred to a different, independent facility located in Middle America and created from scratch.