Here are some employment and other economic numbers, as we see the continued level of success of President Obama’s policies, more than three years into his term. Meanwhile all those jobs-related bills the House has passed since the start of 2011 continue to languish in the Do-Nothing Senate.
- US employers added 80,000 jobs in June
- [T]he economy added an average of 226,000 jobs a month in the first quarter
- [[T]he economy added an average of] 75,000 in the second quarter
- The unemployment rate remained 8.2%
- [T]he manufacturing sector contracted in June for the first time since July, 2009.
- [F]actory hiring average[d] 10,000 a month in the second quarter
- [[F]actory hiring average[d]] 41,000 a month in the first.
- The underemployment rate rose to 14.9%