Here’s what we’ve seen in the last three years:
- Obamacare, which nationalized 16% of our economy.
- Dodd-Frank, which seeks to nationalize our financial industry in all but name with its control over private business financial decisions via the CFPB.
- The HHS contraceptives, sterilization, and abortifacients mandate, which is a naked attack on our religious freedom.
- Annual spending of $3.6 trillion in 2011, up from $3 trillion in 2008.
- Annual deficits of $1.2+ trillion per year.
- A national debt exploding to nearly 100% of GDP in 2011 from 60% in 2008.
- A refusal even to consider a budget for the last three years.
- A bailout of two American car companies (disingenuously called a bailout of the American auto industry, even though of the seven major car companies in the American industry, only two were in trouble). The bailout worked so successfully that one of those American car companies is now an Italian car company, and the other one still is into us for $25 billion.
- Hampering of our energy industry by slow-walking, or outright blocking, drilling capacity on Federal lands and, through regulation, attempting to decimate our coal producers.
- Blaming this administration’s failure to answer our country’s challenges on everything from his predecessor to a tsunami in Japan, to ATMs, to the Arab Spring, to airport check-in kiosks, to Fox News, to Super PACs, to the Supreme Court, to….
- Discussing the issues before us by denigrating the issue raiser.
Can we afford four more years?