…of Attorney General of the United States Eric Holder’s incompetence than his own words?
As reported in The New York Post by Michael Walsh and in Politico:
- About who ordered Fast and Furious: “We don’t know yet.”
- Even though he is “ultimately responsible for everything that happens in the Department of Justice….” Yet “There are all kinds of operations going on right now in the Justice Department about which I know nothing because of the way the Department of Justice is structured.”
- After Holder told Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R, UT) that he had never discussed Fast and Furious with President Barack Obama, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or the president or attorney general of Mexico, “You have to understand something about the way Washington works, here, OK? The meaningful conversations that happen between DHS and DOJ that happen at lower levels, between investigators.… [Obama, et al.] can find out about my state of involvement in matters connected to the Justice Department without speaking directly to me.”
- The recently withdrawn letter from DoJ to Congress denying federal responsibility for Fast and Furious did not contain lies, “…because it all has to do with your state of mind and whether or not you had the requisite intent to come up with something that would be considered perjury or a lie.”
- “I have no intention of resigning. I’m the attorney general who put an end to these misguided tactics that were used in Fast and Furious.”
- “I’m a big guy. I’ve been in Washington for a long time.”