And she has lots of them. I’ll list her tax credit proposals here.
- $1,200 to offset the costs incurred by a family member caring for an aging parent
- $5,000, refundable (it’s paid even to those who aren’t paying any income tax), for out of pocket health costs
- $1,500 “apprenticeship” for businesses who hire entry-level workers, per such hire
- 15% of the value of bonuses paid out if businesses create employee cost-sharing programs, paid to those businesses
- Unspecified amounts for low-income homeowners who install solar panels
She also wants to expand these extant wealth redistributing credits:
- Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- New Markets Tax Credit
- American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Wind, solar, ethanol tax credits
We don’t have enough pages to our tax code rules, you see, and we don’t have enough special exceptions to our tax rules and who pays—and who gets.
Never mind that none of this tax gerrymandering, none of this redistribution of OPM according to Progressive rules rather than the needs and wishes of those doing the earning, would be necessary with a low, flat rate tax code that admitted of no exceptions, no deductions, no credits, no loopholes, no gerrymandering; a tax code that would be used to fund government and not be abused for social engineering in accordance with Progressive demands.